Zillow Group is committed to maintaining a platform on which all users are treated fairly and respectfully, in compliance with laws, per our Respectful Renting Pledge. We encourage you to work with a licensed legal professional in your area to understand the fair housing laws and related guidance from HUD and other federal and state agencies that may be applicable to your use of criminal background checks. If you are concerned about your ability to use the criminal background information provided by Checkr in a way that enables you to comply with laws, you can always opt to not consider this information.
Articles in this section
- I deactivated my listing. Why am I still receiving applications?
- A renter said they applied. When will I receive their application?
- Can I edit the Zillow application or use my own application?
- Why can’t I sign in to view my applications?
- What do “Invited to apply” and “Application in progress” mean?
- What questions are included in the online application? Can I see a sample?
- What does it mean that the renter has a “portable” application?
- How do I download and print their application for my records?
- How is this information kept safe?
- What if an interested renter hasn’t purchased an online application, yet?