Zillow Group is committed to maintaining a platform on which all users are treated fairly and respectfully, in compliance with laws, per our Respectful Renting Pledge. We encourage you to work with a licensed legal professional in your area to understand the fair housing laws and related guidance from HUD and other federal and state agencies that may be applicable to your use of criminal background checks. If you are concerned about your ability to use the criminal background information provided by Checkr in a way that enables you to comply with laws, you can always opt to not consider this information.
Articles in this section
- What questions are included in the online application? Can I see a sample?
- What does it mean that the renter has a “portable” application?
- How do I download and print their application for my records?
- How is this information kept safe?
- What if an interested renter hasn’t purchased an online application, yet?
- How do roommates apply together?
- Will I have to collect their social security number?
- What if the applicant doesn’t have a social security number?
- How can I make sure that I use the criminal background check in a way that promotes fair housing?
- Is this available for multifamily properties?