No. The background check provided by Checkr does not verify employment or rental history. When utilizing Zillow Rental Applications, applicants must agree to share their information with landlords, as well as authorize them to contact any relevant parties that they have included within their application, prior to submitting.
Additionally, the application includes the option for renters to upload verification documents such as recent pay stubs, W2, tax returns, bank statements and employment offer letters, for the landlord to verify if it is part of their rental criteria. If a renter has not uploaded any documents, but would like to, they will need to re-apply. Here are instructions for this:
- Access the application from your Renter Hub.
- Click on the application you want to add income verification documents to.
- Click Withdraw.
- Either use the Apply Now button on the listing, or request another application invitation from the landlord.
- Go to the Income History section.
- Upload your income verification documents.
- Submit the new application to the landlord.