No, requesting a credit report will not affect an applicant’s credit score. This type of credit report is considered a “soft pull” and has no impact on the applicant’s credit.
Articles in this section
- Why was my applicant’s credit report unable to be pulled? Or why does their credit report not contain a credit score?
- Why do I see background checks from CIC and Checkr?
- What is included with the online rental application and third-party reports?
- Why can't I verify my identity?
- Why do I have to verify my identity and enter my SSN?
- Can I do just a background check or just a credit check, but not both?
- How long do background checks and credit checks take?
- Can I trust this credit report and background check?
- What does the background check include?
- Will CIC verify employment or past rental history?