Renters are required to provide information about their household, prior residences and income. Specifically:
- Personal information (name, contact info, emergency contact details)
- Household information (number of people living in the home, pet details, preferred move-in date)
- Residence history (home type: rental/owned/other, address, monthly payment, the reason for moving, current landlord contact info, previous residences within the past 3 years)
- Income history and verification (current income type, employment details, and contact info, monthly income, previous jobs within the past 3 years). Applicants are also able to upload pay stubs, pay stubs, W2, tax returns, bank statements, etc. for income verification. See more information here
- Additional questions
- Have you filed for bankruptcy in the past 7 years?
- Do you smoke?
Once the application is submitted, screening reports are provided by Experian and CIC. In some cases, background checks are modified to reflect state and local legal requirements. See more information here
The credit report includes a credit score alongside a comprehensive overview of the applicant's credit history. View a sample report.
The background check includes a national criminal search, sex offender search, and housing court records (categorized within Civil Search). View a sample report.