Why is Zillow charging to list rental properties?
From day one, we’ve helped fill millions of vacancies by connecting property managers with the Zillow Rental network (Zillow, Trulia and Hotpads), the largest rental network on the web*. This change helps us create a more positive shopping experience, so our rental network continues to be the destination renters choose. By improving our shopping environment with up-to-date listings, we’re building a marketplace that will help you fill your vacancies even faster and with more engaged renters.
If you continue to use your feed for syndication, you'll get access to the following benefits:
- Direct feed integration. Syndicate your listings and receive leads via API.
- Priority support. You'll have dedicated resources for analysis, troubleshooting, feed support, reporting and listing inquiries.
- Verified Source listings. Your listings will receive a Verified Source designation to increase listing credibility for consumers and help support increased exposure and lead volume.
- Analytics reports. We’ll deliver nightly email updates that provide detailed insight into property and portfolio level performance.
- More leads. Zillow Feed Connect listings receive more leads, on average, than free listings.
- Fewer days on market. Meaning listings are active on the Zillow Rentals network for fewer days, on average, than free listings.
Is there a charge to publish a listing with a feed?
There is a charge for publishing your listings. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
What is included in the listing fee?
Your listings will be posted across the largest online rental network* — Zillow, Trulia and HotPads.
Qualified listings will receive a Verified Source badge to help you build trust with renters and increase exposure across the Zillow Rental Network. You will also receive priority support from a dedicated team and get customized daily reporting delivered to your inbox.
What types of listings require payment?
Active rental listings in select locations** posted to the Zillow Rental Network from a feed partner require payment. These terms apply to all rentals ranging from single family structures to properties with up to 49 units. In other words, this includes apartments in properties with fewer than 50 units, condos, townhouses, duplexes, triplexes, single family homes, etc.
If you are listing properties for a multifamily building with 50 units or more, consider advertising with Zillow.
How can I contact support about my feed listings?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Do I have to change anything in my feed or communicate anything to my feed partner?
After you subscribe, you don't need to change anything in your feed. Zillow Group has a relationship with your feed partner and will communicate with most major feeds.
How do I edit my listing?
You should be able to edit your listing within the feed provider's user portal. Edited listings will update on Zillow, Trulia and HotPads on a daily basis.
Where will my listings be published?
When you post your feed listings to the Zillow Rental Network, your listings will be published to Zillow, Trulia and HotPads.
How many listings can be published?
You can publish as many listings as you’d like through feed partners. If you’re publishing listings for buildings with 50 units or more, ask about advertising with Zillow.
How often do I receive performance reports? Can more than one person receive the report?
You will receive performance reports via email every week. There is no limit to how many people can see these reports. Email email@example.com to add a new recipient.
What are the benefits of posting to the Zillow Rental Network?
When you list your property, you get exposure to the largest rental network*. Your listings will be syndicated across Zillow, Trulia and HotPads. In addition, a paid account grants you a Verified Source designation for qualified listings, priority support from dedicated resources, weekly reporting and more!
* Source: Comscore Media Metrix® Multi-Platform Key Measures, Custom-defined list including: Zillow Group Rentals, Apartments.com Network, RentPath Network, ForRent.com & Homes.com Network, Total Audience, March 2020, U.S. Zillow Group Rentals is the deduplicated reach of Zillow.com Rentals, Trulia.com Rentals and HotPads.com.
**Select locations include Colorado, Florida, Oregon, Delaware, New Hampshire, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina,Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Texas, Arizona, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, Vermont, Wisconsin, Connecticut, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Nevada, Virginia, District of Columbia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Ohio, Utah, California, Michigan, New York and Pennsylvania, Alaska, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Washington, West Virginia and Wyoming.