Landlords and property managers with rental homes in all states can use Zillow Rental Manager to upload and eSign their lease. Rental listings in select states can also be used to create a lease in Zillow Rental Manager. If lease creation is supported in your area, you will see the option to upload or create a lease.
To sign a lease, visit Zillow Rental Manager and go to the Manage tenants section of your listing. In the Leases section, click Get started.
To upload and sign an existing lease, please follow the steps below.
- Click Go to uploading.
- Upload the documents you want to be signed. Documents should be ready to sign before you upload them. You can upload images, PDFs, or Word documents smaller than 100 MB.
- After uploading all of the documents, click Start electronic signing.
- Choose Fixed term or a Month-to-month term. If you choose Fixed term, enter the lease start/move-in date and the lease end date.
- Add your tenants’ names and Zillow account emails. You can add up to 8 tenants.
- Add the landlord’s information. If anyone else co-owns the property, click Yes and you will be able to add their information.
- Click Next.
- Using the placeholders on the left-hand side of the page, drag and drop signature and initial placeholders where each person should sign or initial. Be sure to add at least one signature placeholder for every lease signer.
- Click Save, then click Request signatures.
- Add a personal note to your renters if you wish, and agree to the lease use terms.
- Click Request signatures.
That’s it! After you take the steps above, we will email your tenants with a link to sign the lease. After all tenants have signed, we will email your co-landlord with a link to sign. After everybody else has signed, we will email you to notify you that the lease is ready for you to countersign.
If your rental listing is an area that has lease creation available, you will see the option to create a lease in the Manage tenants > Leases section of your listing.
To create a lease, please follow the steps below.
- Click Go to lease creation.
- Share info about who will be covered by your lease in the Parties to the lease section. You can add information on the landlord, co-landlord, any managing agents for the rental home, up to 8 tenants, and any additional occupants who aren’t paying tenants.
- The next section covers Property and amenity information. In this section, you can enter information on the rental home, the HOA or condo association, appliances, and utilities and services.
- Next, enter information on the Terms and payment. In this section, you can enter all the details about your rent - lease terms and dates, rent details, additional fees, and manner of payment.
- In the Rights and obligations section, include details on renters insurance, easements and covenants, and additional rules. If you need to include a custom rule for something that is not covered in our lease builder, you can do so by writing your own rule.
- The last section is Additional details, where you can add information on topics such as smoking, pet, and parking policies.
- Next, you can preview the full lease. Once the lease is ready to be signed, click Request signatures.
After you take the steps above, we will email your tenants with a link to sign the lease. After all tenants have signed, we will email your co-landlord with a link to sign. After everybody else has signed, we will email you to notify you that the lease is ready for you to countersign.