Zillow Insurance Services | Rental Protection (AZ, CO, NC)
Rental Protection Coverage
- Does Rental Protection cover the renter’s belongings?
- Can I submit a claim for renter default if I waive or reduce the renter’s rent?
- What if missed rent or damage is caused by a renter that has died, become disabled, incarcerated, or been deployed for military services?
- Does Rental Protection cover the renter’s monthly payments beyond the rent amount, such as parking or utilities?
- Is there a limit on how many properties or renters I can request Rental Protection for?
- Is Rental Protection coverage provided per unit or per renter?
Purchasing Rental Protection
- When I listed my property, I skipped over the information about Rental Protection. Can I still request coverage?
- Can I get Rental Protection if I have multiple renters on different leases living in a single unit?
- If I already have a renter with a lease living in the property, can I purchase Rental Protection?
- Where is Rental Protection available?
- Can I purchase Rental Protection for any type of rental property?
- What’s required to request Rental Protection coverage?
Paying Rental Protection Premiums
Deposits with Rental Protection
Renter selection and eligibility
- What happens if the renter provides false information on their income documents?
- What happens if my renter's income changes after they sign the lease -- for example, if they get a new job or get laid off?
- If a prospective renter receives government assistance for housing, does the income requirement still apply?
- What if I want to rent to someone who doesn’t meet all the requirements for Rental Protection?
- How do I make sure my lease qualifies for Rental Protection?
- What renter screening requirements do I need to use to qualify for Rental Protection?
Lease Terms and Rental Protection Coverage
Rent payments with Rental Protection
- Do I have to continue paying a monthly premium after my renter moves out of the unit?
- How do I pay my Rental Protection premium if my renter fails to pay rent on time?
- What if I receive payment from my renter or another party after my claim is paid?
- How do I set up a payment plan for my renter?
- What installment amount should I collect when I’m using a payment plan?
- What happens if a renter doesn’t pay their rent?
Claims Filing and Processing
- Does a deductible apply to Rental Protection insurance coverage?
- Can I submit a claim if a renter is occupying the unit?
- Does my Rental Protection claim affect my renter financially?
- Will my premium increase if I submit a claim?
- Will I get reimbursed for repairs if I pay out of pocket to fix damages?
- What type of property damage is covered?