Rental Protection is designed to cover a range of physical damage caused by a renter. Physical damage may result from negligence, carelessness, accidents, or abuse by the renter or their guests.
Claims should be backed by documentation like photos of the damaged condition and invoices for the cost of repair.
Covered physical damage caused by pets or renters may include, but is not limited to:
- Damage to physical structures inside the unit (like flooring, walls, doors, or trim)
- Damage to fixtures or appliances owned by the insured
- Excess cleaning
- Excess trash removal
- Repainting visibly worn surfaces (beyond touch ups)
- The labor cost to repair physical damage
Rental Protection does not cover:
- Normal wear-and-tear or turn costs
- Exterior damage (including common areas, landscaping, pools, etc.)
- Personal property (such as furniture or artwork included with a furnished unit)
- Damage covered by other insurance including smoke, fire and water damage and appliances under warranty
The description of coverage above is for illustrative purposes only. Coverage for any claim will depend on the specific obligations, conditions, and exclusions in the policy. Please read the policy to understand your rights and duties.
Coverage is subject to policy terms, limitations, conditions, and exclusions. Descriptions of coverage are for informational purposes only and do not alter any insurance policy or guarantee any specific price, quote or coverage. For a complete understanding of the coverage available, please review the terms, conditions, definitions, and exclusions of your Rental Protection insurance policy.