We will ask for ID verification when trying to access the detailed screening reports for applicants that have applied to your rental listing. Because a landlord can potentially receive many applications to their property, we have security precautions in place to protect both the renter and the landlord.
A credit report is not generated when a landlord verifies their identity and the verification is only to maximize security for the prospective renters because of the sensitive material provided on the applications. This will also not affect your credit score. Additionally, the SSN is not a required field, and you may be able to verify your identity without it if Experian is able to verify your identity just using your name, date of birth, and address.
To verify your identity:
- Log in to your Zillow Rental Manager.
- Click to view your properties.
- On the listing in question, go to Find tenants > View all applications.
- Click on the application you wish to view.
- Click view next to the screening reports.
- Fill out the required fields, and answer all of the verification questions.
If you are having difficulty after answering all of the verification questions, please visit this FAQ for troubleshooting steps and more information.