To set up rent payments, click Manage tenants on your Zillow Rental Manager listing. Then select Payments>Start collecting rent, and take the steps below to complete the payment setup process.
- Input your payment details. First, enter the rent amount that you want to collect every month. You can include prorated rent and other move-in costs later.
- Enter the monthly payment date next. Choose the date that the rent is due each month. We’ll ask your renter to send their payment on or before this day.
- Choose the first payment due date, and the end date for the payment period. If it’s a month-to-month lease, you can check the box labeled No end date/Month to month.
- Enter the details for any move-in cost payments. You can add a security deposit, prorated rent payment, and other move-in cost payments.
- Link your deposit account.
- Enter your tenant’s details. You just need their full name and email.
- Verify your identity. This verification step is to maximize security for the tenants using our platform to make their payments.
- Review the information that has been entered, then you can confirm the information and invite your tenant.
Once you complete the process to set up online rent collection from Zillow Rental Manager, we will send an email invitation to the renter to complete the process. All they have to do is follow the link in the email, and our system will walk them through the steps to set up their payment account.
If your renter is having trouble setting up payments, below are the following are steps to troubleshoot:
Your renter can’t find the email inviting them to set up payments.
Double-check the email that was entered for them to ensure there were no typos. If the email was spelled correctly, the email may have ended up in your renter’s spam or junk folders, so they should check there.
You can also resend the payment invitation email from your Zillow Rental Manager listing. In the Manage tenants section of your listing, click to manage your renter’s terms. Under the Upcoming section of Payment activity, click Resend invite. This will send an email to your renter with a link to set up their account. If you don’t see a Resend invite button, please see the paragraph below.
Your renter opened the invite to set up payments, and needs to complete the setup process.
If the upcoming payment shows the date that the invite was opened, you will no longer have the option to resend the invitation. Instead, you can advise your renter to go straight to their payment dashboard to complete the payment setup process. When they visit their payment dashboard, our system will remember where they left off and prompt them to complete the next step. This article has instructions on how to access the renter payment dashboard.
Your renter is having trouble verifying their bank account using micro-deposits.
Micro-deposits are two small payments that Zillow will send to your renter’s bank to verify that they input the correct banking information. After your renter enters their banking information, it will take 1-2 days for their bank to receive the micro-deposits. Zillow will send these micro-deposits directly to your renter’s bank account within that time, so they will need to check your bank statement to locate the transactions.
The payments will be two separate amounts less than $1 from ZG - Rent Payments.
After your renter has located both micro-deposits, they will need to input the amounts in the verification boxes within their payment dashboard and then click Verify my account.
For more information on renter payments please visit this page.