To set up rent payments, click Manage tenants on your Zillow Rental Manager listing. Then select Payments>Start collecting rent, and take the steps below to complete the payment setup process.
- Input your payment details. First, enter the rent amount that you want to collect every month. You can include prorated rent and other move-in costs later.
- Enter the monthly payment date next. Choose the date that the rent is due each month. We’ll ask your renter to send their payment on or before this day.
- Choose the first payment due date, and the end date for the payment period. If it’s a month-to-month lease, you can check the box labeled No end date/Month to month.
- Enter the details for any move-in cost payments. You can add a security deposit, prorated rent payment, and other move-in cost payments.
- Link your deposit account.
- Enter your tenant’s details. You just need their full name and email.
- Verify your identity. This verification step is to maximize security for the tenants using our platform to make their payments.
- Review the information that has been entered, then you can confirm the information and invite your tenant.
Once you complete the process to set up online rent collection from Zillow Rental Manager, we will send an email invitation to the renter to complete the process. All they have to do is follow the link in the email, and our system will walk them through the steps to set up their payment account.