If your rental listing is an area that has lease creation available, you will see the option to create a lease in the Manage tenants > Leases section of your listing.
To create a lease, please follow the steps below.
- To create a lease for your property, you will need to log into your Zillow Rental Manager account here.
Visit the Manage tenants tab for your property, and follow the prompts to create a lease on Zillow or upload a pre-existing lease for e-Signing.
- Share info about who will be covered by your lease in the Parties to the lease section. You can add information on the landlord, co-landlord, any managing agents for the rental home, up to 8 tenants, and any additional occupants who aren’t paying tenants.
- The next section covers Property and amenity information. In this section, you can enter information on the rental home, the HOA or condo association, appliances, and utilities and services.
- Next, enter information on the Terms and payment. In this section, you can enter all the details about your rent - lease terms and dates, rent details, additional fees, and manner of payment.
- In the Rights and obligations section, include details on renters insurance, easements and covenants, and additional rules. If you need to include a custom rule for something that is not covered in our lease builder, you can do so by writing your own rule.
- The last section is Additional details, where you can add information on topics such as smoking, pet, and parking policies.
- Next, you can preview the full lease. Once the lease is ready to be signed, click Request signatures.
That’s it! After you take the steps above, we will email your tenants with a link to sign the lease. After all tenants have signed, we will email your co-landlord (if you have included one in the lease) with a link to sign. After everybody else has signed, we will send you an email notification that the lease is ready to countersign.